This page is a work in process. Yamaha changes their models a lot, so there the information here may not be correct for your instrument.
This instrument has had various pickups. The most common are Yamaha humbuckers with end rabbets.
- The closest Bartolini pickup fit is the M55CBC-B (neck) and M55CBC-T (bridge). They really help the tone of the TRB5, but leave about a 1/8 cavity gap on each end of the pickup.
- Alternately, the M45CBC pair also fits nicely, but leaves about 3/8" cavity gap on each end. This allows filling the gap with a pieces of wood to more closely match the shape of the original Yamaha pickups. The Yamaha electronics are best upgraded to a Bartolini HR-5.4AP 3-band EQ harness.
This instrument has had various pickups. The most common are Yamaha single coils in an uncommon shape.
- The closest Bartolini pickup fit is a P56C-B (neck) and P56C-T (bridge). These are a special order item, so contact your local dealer and request they contact us. These are a bit narrower than the Yamaha pickups - The Yamaha pickups are approximately 127mm x 35mm. The Bartolini P56C pickups are 127mm x 31.8mm. The Yamaha electronics are best upgraded to a Bartolini HR-5.4AP 3-band EQ harness.
- Another common shape is the Yamaha narrow single coil soapbar. The Bartolini G66CBJD-B (neck) and G66CBJD-T (bridge) are a fairly good fit.
This instrument can be upgraded with the Bartolini BC4CBC-B (neck) and BC4CBC-T (bridge).
- The Yamaha electronics are best upgraded with the Bartolini HR-5.4AP/918 3 band EQ prewired harness.